Good news for all our small businesses in the Chippewa Valley and Wisconsin that offer ecommerce and shipping options – the MainStreetWI.com online retail portal is expanding statewide. The portal, launched in June for participants in WEDC’s Main Street and Connect Communities programs, will be expanded!
This campaign will include additional media and social media tools and resources which will be released on November 16th, but in advance of this launch, WEDC is hoping to identify additional businesses that should be added to the site to allow Wisconsinites to shop local when they are shopping online this holiday season. Surveys show that more than 70% of consumers plan to do at least some online shopping this year, and WEDC would like to make it easier to identify and purchase goods online from local shops instead of online platforms.
To be eligible:
- Businesses must have a physical storefront presence in the state (no online businesses – home based businesses only if they actively market space to customers – i.e. an artist studio)
- Businesses must offer ecommerce options, either on a dedicated website or through active social medial sales outlets
- Businesses must offer statewide shipping of product. Local delivery or curbside options are not sufficient. Restaurants that sell merchandise, or coffeeshops with subscription bean memberships would be eligible if they can be shipped statewide.
To submit your business:
- Community representatives can send an excel spreadsheet of businesses in the community that are eligible to me at the email below – spreadsheet should include Business Name, Business Address, Contact Email and Website/Social Media where ecommerce happens.
- Individual businesses can visit the shopping portal and click ‘submit a business’ at the top of the page and complete the form.
To find or learn more follow: https://www.mainstreetwi.com/