3 14 18Exporting2

According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, it important for businesses to analyze the benefits of exporting particularly since “70% of the world’s purchasing power is situated outside of the U.S.A” and the big guys make up only about 4% of all exporters-which means that the other 96 percent of exporters are small companies. With this in mind CCEDC organized ‘ Exporting Programs and Resources’ lunch and learn event that brought together a “team” of export professionals from the Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection, UW-Stout Manufacturing Outreach Center/ExporTech, and Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation to help a couple of local companies achieve their exporting goals and to reinforce that (1) Foreign markets have the power to boost profits and the life cycles of certain products and services, (2) Exporting increases labor productivity, and (3) International exportation drives ultimate growth.